Royal Capital announced the acquisition of a 50-acre development site in Milwaukee, WI, that will be home to a $2000MM Health and Equity masterplan development. The site was acquired from the YMCA of Greater Milwaukee, who had previously operated a full-service YMCA Branch and Early Childhood Education Center on site. The site was donated to the YCMA in 1999 by Michael Cudahy, a well-known philanthropist. With the acquisition, Royal Capital is moving forward with Health and Equity campus that will include over 1100 mixed income residential units, and a host of other amenities, services, programming that will include:
- Harmony: Providing affordable housing is a critical element on the spectrum of achieving success with the Social Determinants of Health (SDOH). This campus will provide over 700 families with a quality home, with services and amenities that go beyond the bricks and mortar.
- Monarch: The active senior population is a growing part of our community, with social isolation proven to have a significant impact on one’s health. This campus is set to provide over 400 senior households with a home that is amongst a vibrant and active community.
- YMCA Early Childhood Education: With Early childhood education (birth to three) being such a critical element on the spectrum of the Social Determinants of Health (SDH), the YMCA of Greater, with an investment by Royal Capital, will continue to operate a 5-star Early Childhood Education Center on campus, that will be of service to both on campus and off campus residents.
- Exterior Food Hall: With food access and education being a critical element in the effort to address poor health outcomes in disadvantaged communities, the partnership will house a food demonstration kitchen that will be influenced by dietitians and other leaders, along with an onsite exterior healthy food and commerce food hall that will bridge both healthy living and commerce among local disadvantaged businesses.
- YMCA Health and Wellness: A full-service health and wellness facility will be a part of the campus. This state-of-the-art facility will bring value in the areas of strength and conditioning, sports, and other active individual and group pursuits, while also incorporating a high level of education and programming for youth, adults, and seniors.
- Neighborhood Business Center: In the evolving gig-economy, many members of the community are engaging in the commerce in innovative ways that stretch beyond tradition. The Business Center will incorporate training and development opportunities, access to technology and convening spaces, materials and other, while seeking to be a value add in the place innovation and grassroots advancements.
- Makerspace: Hands-on learning, that includes both youth and adults, continues to be a mainstay in economic and education development. With tools that inspire creativity, that include woodshop, 3-D printing, audio-visual equipment and other, the on-campus Makerspace will be an active part of the campus while providing universal benefits to many stakeholders.
For more information on this campus, please contact us at info@RoyalCapital.net